Sunday 19 October 2014

Task 1a - Professional Profile

My first impression of this task was that it was going to take me all of thirty seconds to complete…well two weeks and a lot of blood, sweat and tears later, here it is.

I have finally (or at least I THINK I have) uploaded a section to the left of my blog entitled 'Welcome to my life'.  I have aimed to keep it as an overview of my current CV but also include an insight into some of my thoughts, aspirations and even encompass a little of my personality. 

Before uploading this section I actually googled my name and wow…there are a lot of links to me.  Many of these are various drafts of my CV on different sites (LinkedIn, Casting Call Pro, Google etc) and as I read over them I realised there was some conflicting information.  I felt the most important part of this task was to ensure I am putting the correct information out there for potential employers and so I set about the task of updating all of this information, hence the delay in me completing this first 'simple' task.  

I am 99% certain that I am now happy with all of the information that is on the internet and more importantly, it is correct and updated for employers.  However, all of this information takes time to update and so I am currently considering whether to remove my information from some of these sites in the future as I am questioning whether it REALLY needs to be there in the first place? 

An example of one of these CV's is on LinkedIn:


I particularly enjoy the simplicity of this site as it is both user friendly, has a phone app and displays my CV in an easy to view manner for potential employers.  

Anyway, for now I am happy with my updated information and pleased that it is all now accurate.

I am also slightly apprehensive now about the tasks ahead, however in the words of my favourite employer to date (check my CV!)…








No comments:

Post a Comment