Friday 22 January 2016

Oral Presentation - 22/01/2016

Today was presentation day.  Although I was worried as I have never undertaken the challenge of an academic presentation previously, reflecting over how I feel it went, I would happily do it again as it was nearly as awful as I had imagined.  Now please don't think that I would say it was perfect, more of an experience (which I found rather enjoyable as it happens!), to learn from and build on for future presentations I may be required to do.

After my last blog and the feedback from fellow students/colleagues on which tool to use for my presentation (powerpoint or keynote), I ran with keynote.  This was a really easy to use program and did everything I wanted it to.  If you are planning to create your own presentation using this using this software however, be prepared to present it as a powerpoint also, as there were some technical difficulties with someone else's keynote presentation.  Make like the scouts and "Be Prepared"!

The Q and A section of the presentation was actually more insightful than scary, as I received some wonderful feedback from Adesola on how to further develop my artefact.  I was worried prior to presenting that I would be asked something I didn't know the answer to, but again this was just a horror scenario I had created for myself and in reality, I feel I gave some solid responses to the questions asked today.

Going forward, I will speak with Paula and find out whether I am allowed to post my presentation online, which will hopefully be helpful for others on the course both at present and in the future.

Of course, even though the 'stress' is over, I feel just as tense as I did this morning before presenting and will almost certainly remain this way until the results are posted.  Unfortunately I don't currently own a time machine, so perhaps I will look attend some yoga/meditation classes until then, in an effort to ease my stress!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,

    Nice to read your experience of presenting and recommendations regarding the software. I might try KeyNote and will make sure to have a PPT backup. Good luck for the final results!

    Best,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete