Tuesday 6 January 2015

Submission time!!!

I am writing this blog after just moments after submitting my first marked piece of BAPP work, which was nerve wracking to say the least.  Whilst submitting I was definitely drawing on my personal support network as I actually had to ask my boyfriend to press the submit tab on the screen because I was simply too nervous! 


This also made me reflect on how much I now question and relate back to the theories and ideas proposed in the module during my every day life (for example the support networks as mentioned above) and actively seek out ways to use them.  For example, whilst writing my critical reflection, I realised that I reflect best and therefore learn the most when I am actively engaged with critique from peers and advisors (professional support network).  Knowing this, I suggested to a fellow student on my course (Sinead) that we email each other drafts as we prepare our critical reflection essays, which luckily, she also felt would be highly beneficial to us both.  Although we had different approaches to our essays, by reading and offering ideas for improvement on each others work, we often had moments of realisation about how to improve our own essays and were able to improve our content.

So, getting back to the point of this blog, having now submitted my work, I feel a sense of relief but also feel slightly nervous and I would really like to know my grade right now (I'm not a very patient person - note to self, maybe this could be a New Year's Resolution??)!

Anyway, for now I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope to start module two work in the next week or two, to hopefully get a head start on things this time!

Until next time…That's all folks! 

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm the same; I wish it was like an automatic service - as soon as you hit submit you get a grade... more like a quiz :P
    Good luck lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes definitely! Thanks, good luck to you too :) Do you have any idea as to when we get our results? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope!! I hope it's not too long, I hate waiting! It's like an audition: I always used to get much more nervous after an audition as it's then out of your control!
      xx

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I was surprised at how nervous I was when it came to pressing the button! It's a nice feeling now though! I'm starting to read through the module two stuff as well there is a lot to get my head around! Have you started having a look? :) Xxxxxxx

      Delete